Friends of Kiwoko Hospital:
- is a charity registered with HM Revenue & Customs, number XN77395
- acts as a source of information about the Hospital and provides financial (especially day to day running costs), and other assistance to the Hospital.
- works in association with other groups who are interested in Uganda.
- is involved with people going out to Kiwoko, giving of their time, educating and imparting their skills.
Why are we needed?
- The very poor require help in paying for their medical care.
- the hospital needs income support to retain good staff.
- large costly items, such as vehicles, have finite lives and need replacement.
- the Hospital has a shortfall in its running costs, only 30–40% of which are covered by patient charges. As of June 2011 the Hospital needs approx. £32,000 per month to cover these costs. Friends of Kiwoko Hospital currently cover half of these costs.
- Kiwoko Hospital needs your support and prayers to keep on going.